Vertical Jigging the Florida Keys-Speed Jig
If you are visiting the Florida Keys for the first time and plan on vertical jigging the Islamorada Hump or Marathon Hump, then this is vertical jig you must purchase. I always come back to this vertical jig. It is the best, but has to be this one color.
Why does this jig color work so well? The superglow combined with chartreuse and blue spots triggers a strike.
Not many know this but squid have blue eyes. Commercial fisherman in South America have their vertical jigs painted with blue eyes. The blue spots trigger a reactionary bite from fish feeding on squid especially in dirty water combine this with Blue,Chartreuse and Superglow vertical jig combo always catches fish.
This jig sells out quickly during vertical jig season. You must load up prior to visiting the Florida Keys as most tackle stores will not sell these because of the price point. If they do sell them the locals buy them up before you can get ahold of them.
This vertical jig catches them all.
You can thank me later, but you better buy a couple because you will loose a few to monster fish. I never go Vertical jigging unless I have at least 5 or more as a back up.
- It casts like a bullet, yet is very stable on the retrieve and easy to work
- Superior construction enables you to fight the largest fish around
- A 300 lb. swivel connects line directly to the lure, allowing perfect rotation and reducing the chance of a thrown hook
- "Steel Core" inner reinforcing will resist the attack of any ferocious game fish and ensure your Speed Jig stays true for the next drop
- Computer aided design offers far less resistance on the retrieve, for more stamina on the anglers part
- Special space age color fluro glow paints on the belly and gill plates to trigger violent reactionary strikes
- Lures come pre rigged with a single VMC Assist hook solid and split ring
- Exclusive design allows our "Speed Jigs" to drop faster into the strike zone thus increasing your fishing time on every drift
Publisher: South Bend Sporting Goods
Details: Product Description Top water lovers get ready for action. The Williamson Jet Popper with its large cup face and jet holes will create a loud "POP" and bubble trail that drives the fish crazy. A 300 lb. swivel connects line directly to the lure, allowing perfect rotation and reducing the chance of a thrown hook. It casts like a bullet, yet is very stable on the retrieve and easy to work. Superior construction enables you to fight the largest fish around. Pop 'till you drop!!!. From the Manufacturer Williamson Benthos Speed Jigs feature a diamond shape that is ideally suited for high speed vertical drops. The Benthos Speed Jigs stay on top of fish even when there's a heavy drift. Williamson Benthos Speed Jigs are available in seven glow-in-the-dark colors ranging from 2 oz. to 14 oz. in weight.
Package Dimensions: 11.1 x 2.2 x 0.6 inches